Comments: Secret Word

I was just telling someone about a similar plan we have... a secret color... that we set up at the beginning of the school year. I think it is such a good idea. We have already had to use it, too! However, the secret "word" in our games of tickle, wrestle, chase or trap (which ever kid) is "You are the Best (Mommy) EVER!" So, I guess we have 2! :)

Posted by kristinc at October 20, 2011 10:23 PM

We live in such a small town that often my friends will offer my girls a ride home (they walk), or at the last minute we'll offer to pick up each other's kids from preschool or storytime or whatever without pre-arranging it. My rule for my kids is "if they've had dinner at our house, then you can ride with them". That limits it to a pretty small group (about 6 families) that would be OK for them to hop in with. I've heard of the secret word idea, and that might be a good one to start doing too.

Posted by Marie Green at October 21, 2011 11:01 AM

It saddens me a little that we live in a world where we even need to teach our kids street safety and safe words. We drilled it into our kids' heads from the earliest possible age, all the while wondering if the relatively simple world of our own childhood would ever come back.

I sure hope so.

Posted by Carmi at October 23, 2011 10:31 AM

"Safe word" Love it! Ours is chinchilla. It has become the way we are able to make each other giggle.

Posted by Susan at October 23, 2011 9:00 PM

I've got to agree with Carmi that it stinks that teaching a safe word is necessary, but good for you guys for being proactive about it!

Posted by Dianna at October 24, 2011 4:57 PM

Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday, Dear Bee-eeeth
Happy Birthday to you!!!

Posted by alektra at November 14, 2011 8:28 AM

Happy Birthday, Beth! I hope you have a great day!

Posted by Tess at November 14, 2011 6:11 PM

I was checking your blog and saw the birthday wishes in comments so I thought I'd add mine as well-- Hope you had a fantastic birthday :)

Posted by Jane in Pa at November 17, 2011 8:32 PM

That is a great idea! We're going to do that too!

Posted by Nadine at February 24, 2012 3:01 AM