Comments: Ten Years On

ok, it's me delurking again. This post was so, so sweet and moving. I had a lunch-mani-pedi date with my best friend last Saturday and I cannot imagine my life without her. I have known her for almost 20 years and we have gone through everything together : her mom's death, her boyfriend almost cheating on her, my divorce, rebuilding my life with 2 young kids... I cannot imagine the thought of losing her.
Sorry for the rambling but your post really struck a cord with me.
Cyber hugs to you. I wish I knew you IRL!
xx Katalin

Posted by Katalin at November 29, 2011 12:54 PM

Wow. I had to read this one a few times for it to sink in. I think this happens to all of us, we can't imagine NOT thinking about them, and then years go by and our lives just go on without them. It is beautiful that you named Mia for your friend.

Posted by Danielle at November 29, 2011 3:34 PM

Beautiful and moving.

Posted by Clueless But Hopeful Mama at November 29, 2011 5:24 PM

Wow, so sorry to hear this, but you definitely have a way with words! Beautiful tribute to a friend.

Posted by Kristin at November 29, 2011 7:50 PM

That was touching, sweet and heart breaking. I'm sorry for your loss.

Posted by One Mom's Opinion at December 6, 2011 12:25 AM

Wow--this post really struck a chord with me, too--causing me to be a "delurker" again. This is the first time I've checked in with you for a long time, though I think of you and Chris from time to time. You see, your children are almost exactly the same age as my two oldest grandchildren (my daughter had another girl 18 months ago); but the oldest in my case is a boy and the second one is a girl. How is it that it can be true that both sets of children are the most beautiful/smart/handsome? But there you have it; it's true--your children are actually just as beautiful as my grandchildren (and believe me, I don't say that lightly!) :) Have a Merry Christmas!

Posted by Liz at December 13, 2011 9:44 PM

I completely understand this. And it makes me sad that I'm forgetting. It makes me sad that I've lost touch with friends I swore I'd stay in touch with... One of them being you. Please know I think of you guys often (read: everytime I see that girl at shepherds school who looks JUST LIKE Mia) and wish there was some way we could have stayed in touch. *hugs*

Posted by Corinne at March 15, 2012 12:37 AM

This made me tear up. Very beautiful.

Posted by Stephanie at May 24, 2012 1:53 PM