Comments: Let You Entertain Me

I just finished watching all the seasons of the Dr. Who reboot. There are 6 seasons available on Netflix streaming, and they're currently in the 7th season. (Before you roll your eyes with disdain, the new Dr. Who is not the lame crap you remember from when you were a kid. I grew up disdaining the Doctor and now love it)

Posted by Judy at November 20, 2012 2:31 PM

Breaking Bad is worth watching and there are three seasons available.

Posted by Amy at November 20, 2012 3:18 PM

Breaking Bad, Homeland, Deadwood, Firefly, Battlestar Galactica, Mad Men.

Posted by Sundry at November 20, 2012 3:40 PM

I'll second Dr Who. My kids (ages 7-15) and I love it!

Posted by Meredith at November 20, 2012 4:21 PM

The first thing I remember watching and loving on Netflix was United States of Tara. I love Toni Collette in about anything but she was really spectacular in that series.

Weeds was pretty good but I haven't watched the last season available yet.

Also loved Monk and Arrested Development. I know, maybe not your thing but they were really good.

Posted by Debra at November 20, 2012 4:24 PM

Breaking Bad is great. Deadwood was good, too, but I never made it through season 2 for some reason.

Posted by akofaolain at November 20, 2012 4:27 PM

Homeland, Deadwood (although its only 3 seasons long...)

Posted by Tai at November 20, 2012 4:53 PM

I just love "The Big Bang Theory". I love the four geeky guys who are totally unaware of how to act in certain social situations. Especially Sheldon.

Posted by Maribeth at November 20, 2012 5:58 PM

Parenthood.

I just started Boardwalk Empire (I actually started at Season 3, so I need to go back to Season 1 so I know what the hell is going on).

Posted by Trina at November 20, 2012 5:59 PM

I have no sense of humor either, and have just started watching Call the Midwife via PBS (http://www.pbs.org/programs/call-the-midwife/).

Posted by GC at November 20, 2012 10:43 PM

I don't have a sense of humor either and just starting watching PBS' Call the Midwives.

Posted by GC at November 20, 2012 11:01 PM

Number One:
I'm loving that you're blogging again. Like, for real. Head-over-heels, "Ohmygod she blogged again today!" stupid excited about this.

Moving on.

Number Two:
I am behind in watching Sons of Anarchy, but I am obsessed.

Number Three:
Chicago Fire is pretty freaking brilliant. Lots of drama, lots of action.

I think you guys would get behind the nerdery of "Big Bang Theory." I'm sad I didn't find Dr. Sheldon Cooper earlier in my life.

And Revenge. You have to start at the beginning, but it always keeps be guessing. It's probably the darkest of all of the shows I watch, but I love it.

Number Four:
Don't tell me what happens in Mad Men. I bought the entire series on DVD last Black Friday for $10 per season and haven't made much progress because I got sidelined by Sons.

Did I mention I'm happy that you're blogging again?

Posted by Emily at November 21, 2012 8:45 AM

I agree with Breaking Bad and Firefly (anything by Joss Whedon, really).

We've also been enjoying Damages and Justified.

As for complete series, we just bought the DVD set of The Shield. I watched some of it when it aired but my husband never did and it's sucked us in. If you like SOA, I'd highly recommed that. The creator, Kurt Sutter, was a writer for The Shield. You'll see some of the same actors too.

Posted by Jenny at November 21, 2012 8:49 AM

Dexter. You'd think a show about about a serial killer would be icky, but it is so well written and acted.

I'll also second Breaking Bad and Justified.

And Firefly! I finally got around to watching it last year and loved it. I ended up on bedrest while I was pregnant and John and I watched an episode every night, then finished up with the Serenity movie. The next morning my water broke. We joke that my son was so outraged that there'd be no more Firefly that he decided to be born :)

Posted by Hillary at November 21, 2012 9:04 AM

I'm big on crime shows like NCIS and Criminal Minds, also Once Upon A Time, Revenge

Posted by Kris at November 21, 2012 9:55 AM

We watch all our shows on Netflix, so unfortunately we have to wait for a new season to come out in the fall and are always a season behind. So, here is what we are watching:
1. Battlestar Galactica! Loved it. It only lasted four seasons (2004-2008), but it was awesome.
2. The Office. Juststarted season 8 last night, and I laughed so hard I was almost crying (even without Steve Carrell).
3. Dexter, which unfortunately you have to get on disc cause Netflix doesn't stream it.
4. Grey's Anatomy. I have the latest season in my queue, but haven't started it yet.
Good luck, I'm sure you'll find something to watch!

Posted by Fabs at November 21, 2012 1:08 PM

Friday Night Lights, Parks & Rec, Sports Night, The West Wing.

(I love seeing you in my feed reader!)

Posted by Jennie at November 21, 2012 1:38 PM

I second the west wing! i wish i could watch it again from the beginning. it is on amazon prime streaming, i believe.

Posted by kelly at November 21, 2012 2:24 PM

I'll tell you what my husband watches because I watch crap. Honestly, that Intervention marathon is right up my alley. He watches or watched Dexter and Breaking Bad like others have mentioned and also Shameless. I do watch Parenthood but hate how they talk over each other all the time I guess in an effort to look more authentic to the day to day hustle and bustle whatever. Did you watch Rescue Me? That is kind of old but it is over so you would have a whole series worth and that was "good" TV that I watched also.

Posted by Em at November 21, 2012 7:23 PM

Boardwalk Empire!!!

Posted by Jane in Pa at November 21, 2012 10:00 PM

Very longtime reader, very happy you're writing again! I love love love The Sopranos and The Wire. Outstanding acting, compelling/obesssive storylines. I feel confident recommending them to you because you introduced me to Marshall Karp, whose books are some of my favorites and who I believe wrote them specifically with me in mind.

Posted by Rachel at November 24, 2012 3:08 AM

Posted by Rachel at November 24, 2012 3:11 AM

My husband is a Brit and watched the old no budget terrible acting campy Dr. Who. The new series is very entertaining and our 9 year old enjoys it as well.

I have to agree with Battlestar Galactica. I am NOT a sci-fi fan but the socialogical aspects are fascinating and it's full of twists.

I'm not into sitcoms much myself, but I've revisited Fraser on Netflix and find it still funny and not dated.

Love Mad Men, love Downton Abbey, totally lost interest in SOA. It just got too out there.

Posted by Lisa at November 29, 2012 12:22 AM

Posted by Lisa at November 29, 2012 12:23 AM

Damages.

Posted by valerie at December 2, 2012 7:48 PM

I know I'm late to this party but I'd recommend Luther. And also maybe Doc Maritin.

Posted by Amanda L at December 11, 2012 11:26 PM