Comments: Old Man Christmas

I also like Miracle on 34th Street and It's a Wonderful Life but I would inclde 2 others - A Christmas Story (even though it is way overdone all day on Christmas Eve) and the Gift of the Magi.

Posted by bethanne at December 18, 2012 8:10 AM

Definitely the original Miracle on 34th Street, makes me tear up every time. I believe, I believe, it's silly but I believe....

Posted by Tracy at December 18, 2012 8:11 AM

I am looking forward to watching White Christmas on Christmas Eve with my husband and daughter! My very favorite Christmas movie! Yeah, it's cheesy, but oh, so much fun! I also adore the Christmas Story. We are going to try to watch our copy of Holiday Inn this year as well...we think it would be a great addition this year!

Posted by cyndy at December 18, 2012 8:45 AM

Your four favorite Christmas movies are my four favorite Christmas movies, except in reverse order. I've already watched White Christmas three times, and the colorized version of Miracle on 34th Street twice. Still haven't found The Bishops Wife on yet (I'm looking, I'm a huge Cary Grant fan), and It's a Wonderful Life is my husband's favorite so that will get a couple of viewings before the holiday is over. Can't stand the BB gun movie, though I know it's a lot of people's favorite.

Posted by robin at December 18, 2012 8:58 AM

I think we own every Christmas movie ever made (including some that simply set in December, so they get grandfathered in).
Let's see:
White Christmas, Holiday Inn, Miracle on 34th Street, The Christmas Story, Bells of St. Mary's, The Bishop's Wife, The Family Man (my wife's favorite, but I can't stand Nick Cage), The Nativity Story, A Christmas Carol (with Alistair Sim), and because I have 2 year old, Curious George: A Very Monkey Christmas.
And that's not even getting into the Rankin/Bass collection. :)

Posted by J at December 18, 2012 9:13 AM

I love White Christmas, Miracle on 34th Street and It's a Wonderful Life. I haven't see The Bishop's Wife (yet) and I LOVE Cary Grant!
I agree about the old school Christmas music, too. We were just listening to Gene Autry the other night while driving around looking at Christmas lights.

Posted by akofaolain at December 18, 2012 9:52 AM

I am a huge fan of Meet Me in St. Louis. Elf, Love Actually, and The Family Stone are modern favorites.

Posted by Ashley at December 18, 2012 9:53 AM

My kids LOVE White Christmas which I find a little strange since it doesn't have fairies or Shrek in it. When you say that Bing was a douchebag, is that just in the movie or was he like that in real life?

Posted by Rex at December 18, 2012 10:14 AM

I love all of those, but would also like to add National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. I know it's ridiculous, but it gets me every time!

Posted by Lovey at December 18, 2012 1:48 PM

Teasing (with love!), but it's your Christmas _pop culture_ that is stuck in the 1960's. Not much else. ;)

I like the classical music and Latin stuff. Anything that's past 1960's drives me nuts, too. John Lennon was amazing, but if I hear "So This Is Christmas" ever again now that my grandmother has passed away (she LOVED that song), I will drown myself in a punch bowl full of eggnog.

Posted by alektra at December 18, 2012 3:25 PM

I'm a sucker for the claymations, animations - Rudolph, Frosty, Charlie Brown, etc

Posted by Kris at December 19, 2012 7:48 AM

White Christmas is my absolute favorite Christmas movie ever. I cry. Every. Single. Time. Yes, I am a total cheeseball. I'm ok with that.

Posted by Kim at December 19, 2012 11:06 AM

please tell me you just forgot to mention Elf! we watch that practically every day in december, it never gets old!

Posted by kati at December 19, 2012 7:38 PM

um you have to like christmas story...we drive by the house every year :)

Posted by becky at December 20, 2012 11:28 PM