Comments: Service, German Engineering and White Men

Actually with the invention and availability of the "Go Girl" http://www.go-girl.com/ women can now pee standing up without the mess.

Who knows what the barista's story is? I try not to make those comparisons-especially hard when some 16 year olds are driving cars that costs a good chunk of my annual salary working in non-profit. Good job on facing your criticism head on.

The only thing that confused me a little was the last paragraph where you state that white men are used to be handed things on silver platters and then go on a discussion of breaking down gender barriers and stereotypes-wasn't sure how race played into your further discussion and didn't want to misunderstand your intentions when you were trying to clear things up.

Posted by amyd at December 19, 2012 8:59 AM

Some people have entirely too much time on their hands if this is what they're bitching about. I get where you're coming from. She probably has rich parents. :-)

Posted by Holly at December 19, 2012 11:17 AM

I also cut the grass, change headlights, rewire electrical outlets, replace broken doorknobs, and fix leaky faucets, in addition to cleaning, cooking, laundry, and kid wrangling. You know, just since we are discussing it.

Posted by Mrs. Cactus at December 19, 2012 12:19 PM

Don't let internet peeps get you down. I get what you meant. You're a great guy and you appear to have an awesome wife!

I have a great job (and great wife!) and I drive a Honda. It would bug me to pay 2 or 3 times that amount for a car that's just to drive to and from work.

Posted by James Proffitt at December 19, 2012 12:45 PM

I drive a Honda and its not that we can't afford a nicer car, we have better things to spend our money on or invest it for our retirement.

I don't know how anyone could've taken offense at your post yesterday, you were making an observation, that is all...at least that's how I read it.

Posted by Kristin at December 19, 2012 2:50 PM

My first thought was that he was a guy with a white collar job and a German car who got downsized and opted to work at Starbucks instead of not working at all. And then I thought, man, maybe he's a financial wizard to buy a nice car on a barista's salary. I didn't think it made a bad reflection on you at all, but then, anyone with your taste in music must be a quality human being, so... :-)

Posted by Brooke at December 19, 2012 3:32 PM

My thought is that the Starbucks worker is either 1) working just for the fun of it - something to keep themselves busy 2) way over extended and terrible with making wise money decisions.

Posted by Heather at December 19, 2012 4:36 PM

You know I REALLY think it's lame that...(snoooorrreee....).
I understood what you meant. Although I AM a white guy with three kids and a stay at home wife. The sliver platter is still warm from the dishwasher (tongue in cheek).
Thanks for sharing. I'll be back for more.

Jason
The Cheeky Daddy

Posted by Jason at December 19, 2012 4:47 PM

You know I REALLY think it's lame that...(snoooorrreee....).
Thanks for sharing. I'll be back for more.

Jason
The Cheeky Daddy

Posted by Jason at December 19, 2012 4:48 PM

i'm not quite sure where this post starts or ends or where it's going! when i saw your fb status, the only thing i thought (but didn't even worry about saying) is that there's no way anyone except maybe the regional manager working at starbucks makes enough to pay for a super amazing car and that barista must just be lucky to have nice rich parents or something and good for her. :)

you're not the kind of guy who would really begrudge her that so i didn't think much of your post :)

Posted by kati at December 19, 2012 7:36 PM

Whenever I read a comment that starts with "I hate to be critical . . ." I realize what I am about to read is going to be extremely critical (and I think the person who wrote it is lying about hating being critical - otherwise, they wouldn't be. Especially in a public comment.)

I read what you put down.

Posted by Mindy Lee at December 20, 2012 1:42 PM