Comments: Chopped

I have now died of cute.

On a tangent, my friends used to bring their game controllers up to the TV when Iron Chef was on and pretend it was a video game. Seriously, nothing was funnier than someone swearing because they "messed up" and "their" chef dropped something or when someone won and did a victory dance. Though the fake combo buttons were great, too.

Posted by alektra at January 29, 2013 8:29 AM

Leda likes Top Chef. I sometimes cringe at the bleeped words, but she doesn't seem to notice that as much as the awesome looking food that they make. She is now very interested in helping out in the kitchen. I think we might have a future chef on our hands!

Posted by cyndy at January 29, 2013 8:46 AM

Lately I've been into HGTV and all the remodel or buy new shows. My husband is getting worried.

Posted by Maribeth at January 29, 2013 9:50 AM

Hilarious! The cooking shows are good background for us too. My son particularly loves Hell's Kitchen ("donkey!!!") but he will watch Iron Chef will real attention too. I'm going to try Chopped and see if we can inspire a cook off as well!

Posted by rebecca at January 29, 2013 11:49 AM

ha! too funny. we love that show, too. lola has been known to play cupcake wars :)

Posted by kati at January 29, 2013 2:54 PM

I LOVE this!

We love Chopped as well, and both boys (14 and 10 now, shut up, yours will be that old soon) do as well.

When Mia and Owen get a little older? Remember this. Because we really do Chopped. Each boy is assigned a parent. They get a week's notice on what the secret item will be. Then they have to go through the house to see what they can use, go through the sale ads for budgeting purposes, shop, and execute it (one kid per week.) No "winner" per se - though it's discussed - but they love everything about it.

Posted by Mindy at January 29, 2013 6:01 PM

THAT is all kinds of awesome!

Posted by Sue R at January 30, 2013 9:50 AM