Comments: State of the Union

My goodness that went fast! My condolences on joining the minivan brigade ;) Haha, seriously though, happy birthday Owen!

Posted by Heather at February 12, 2013 12:39 AM

the minivan gig is okay. Sometimes joining the herd just means the herd is smart and practical. Not always, don't jump off a bridge or anything!

Posted by Vicki at February 12, 2013 6:05 AM

Posted by Vicki at February 12, 2013 6:05 AM

Is he five today? If so, Happy Birthday! That would also make the cake a cake with purpose which is always slightly more delicious than a cake still finding itself (hint: check my belly, cake). We've had a minivan for a while but I have never been under the impression that I could be more cool without one. I'm pretty much 100% nerd whatever I am driving but I like being able to put everyone in it and then sit in the front and threaten to never leave if people don't get buckled. I have a book. It could happen. When we had a regular car, I had to stand outside the car just to get everyone to their seats.

Posted by Em at February 12, 2013 12:21 PM

Holy Wow. 5. If I think time flies for other peoples' kids, it is really going to go by in the blink of an eye for my own.

Except when he screams for 2 hours. Those are the slow times.

Thanks for documenting!

Posted by Heather at February 12, 2013 10:55 PM

Would have never seen the minivan thing coming. Surprised at how much you love it.

Hard to believe how quickly time is flying by. It has been fascinating to watch Mia and Owen grow and change.

Posted by One Mom's Opinion at February 20, 2013 10:24 PM

I never gave in to the minivan wiles. It remains a regret. Although now that my kids are 30 and 24, drivig one ironically might be cool.

I have lurked a long time. But there is no way it's been five years since you were anticipating your youngest child's arrival. No way. I refuse to believe it.

Sigh.

I am old.

Posted by Jennifer at February 21, 2013 1:02 PM

Sigh...where do the years go? Thanks for the update :)

Posted by Tina G at February 22, 2013 8:01 PM